BSP Life provides excellent career opportunities and competitive remuneration packages and is committed to continuous training and development of staff
If you feel it is time for a new and exciting challenge, come join BSP Life.
We are looking for a dedicated, focused and experienced:
GENERAL MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the above position, reporting to the Managing Director, based at Level 7 BSP Life Centre, Thomson Street, Suva.
As General Manager Human Resources you will direct and manage the Human Resources (HR) function, including the development and implementation of the overall corporate human resources strategy, and ensuring its alignment with the vision and goals of the BSP Life Group, including its wholly owned subsidiary companies.
- Contribute with other Executives and the Board in the setting of strategic direction and tactical plans for the Company.
- Plan, develop and direct the BSP Life Group’s HR function and performance through the effective implementation of the corporate HR strategy and policy.
- Develop and integrate innovative HR practices, policies and systems to address the organization’s changing needs, promote the HR function as a strategic partner, and improve the overall strategic effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business.
- Manage HR related communications and organizational culture initiatives to enhance capabilities, engagement and performance.
- Manage corporate capacity building, career development and knowledge sharing through succession planning and training & development activities in line with strategic requirements, and oversight of the performance management system.
- Provide human resource strategic analysis and direction and generate new thinking and opportunities to design and implement a organization-wide framework to acquire, develop and grow talent through well-defined career paths.
- Develop strategies to enhance employee engagement and promote a dynamic high-performance culture based on BSP Life’s core values.
- Oversight of effective delivery of core HR administration deliverables including salary administration, leave management, recruitment, promotions and job rotations.
- Maintain knowledge of the latest insights on key HR best practices at the national and international levels and advocate BSPL’s HR strategies and policies within the Group, including subsidiary companies.
- Represent BSPL or BSPH in meetings on industry matters and manage changes, expectations and contributions required for both entities.
- Exercise overall management responsibility including planning for Group HR program of work, within the framework of the BSPL Group’s Strategic Framework.
- Overall responsibility for the effective management of compliance with external requirements and internal policies, processes and procedures and implementation of necessary controls to support desired outcomes.
- Responsibility for Board reporting and engagement on a quarterly basis; drive projects assigned by the Managing Director as required; and drive the service excellence culture and customer centricity approach for the Division.
- Enterprise risk owner for risks assigned by Management Risk Committee (MRC) and the Managing Director. Member of the MRC and other delegated management committees.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Postgraduate degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences, Business, Public Administration or related fieldminimum of 5 years in a senior executive position leading diverse teams, preferably in a corporate/private sector environment.
- 10 years or more in a senior HRM role.
- Proven ability to develop and drive HR strategy and policy.
- Proven skills in managing complex service deliverables.
- Broad knowledge of financial services is an advantage.
- Strong business acumen.
- Target oriented with proven ability to work independently and perform well under pressure
- Excellent leadership skills as well as people and relationship management experience with the ability to manage complexworkplace related issues.
- Strong project management, time-management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a culture of service excellence, innovation, risk management and compliance.
- Proven Leadership of large teams
- Customer Focus
- Building Relationships
- Commercial Awareness
- Strategic Thinking and Innovation
Job Application Details
This is a demanding yet satisfying role within a growing organisation and an appropriate salary package will be negotiated to secure a high caliber candidate.
Please visit our website www.bsplife.com.fj/careers/ and apply using BSP Life Recruitment Portal
Applications will only be accepted via the online portal. Emailed and hard copy applications will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close at 4pm on Wednesday 24 November 2021.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Fiji