JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
South Sea Cruises is Fiji’s most experienced and award-winning cruise operator offering a range of award-winning products and services throughout the stunning Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands. South Sea Cruises operates a modern fleet of fast catamarans, an overnight cruise ship, a modern sailing catamaran, several speed boats, and tender boats as well as Fiji’s two most popular day trip islands.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Marine Engineering Supervisor to be positioned at our Port Denarau base, and to play a senior role within our Engineering department.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Ensure that all standard operating procedures comply with vessel specifications, quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Study and be well versed with all repair & maintenance requirements across all Company assets and train, upskill and monitor both onboard, and onsite Engineers of the same.
- Ensure all Vessel Engineers, Shore Engineers, Contractors, and Crew are well familiarized with the machinery, safety equipment, procedures, correct operation of machineries, required maintenance, and professional upkeep of all assets.
- Ensure all safety and preventative checks are completed on time and report submitted to Company Chief Engineer.
- Ensure that all safety procedures and regulations are complied with, including periodic checks on safety equipment and procedures.
- Assist in the development of upskilling the wider Engineering team.
- Track and report monthly tasks as assigned to the Company Chief Engineer.
Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
- Vast experience in Marine Engineering.
- Valid class 3 or 4 Watchkeeper Certificate of Competency is preferred.
- Valid Fiji driver’s license.
- Computing skill with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word documents.
- Whilst this role is based at Port Denarau, the successful candidate must be willing to undertake some travel and stay onboard overnight Vessel’s or Island Resorts on an ad hoc basis.
The successful candidate shall report directly to the Company Chief Engineer and alongside the Maintenance Supervisor. The role will be part of the SSCG middle management team and as such some additional benefits are provided.
This is a new role, and if you believe you have what it takes and that you should be considered for employment within the South Sea Cruises Group then you are encouraged to apply in writing detailing why you are the best person for the position.
Please note only shortlisted applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted. We however thank everyone in advance for applying.
- Job Application Details Applications with a detailed CV, copies of references and qualifications to be sent to: The Company Chief Engineer, South Sea Cruises Pte Limited, PD052, Port Denarau, Nadi or email directly to: [email protected]