Security Officer – Fiji locations
- Fijian Elections Office
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
JOB DESCRIPTION: SECURITY OFFICER (Pool Position) [E2/2022]
- Position Level: Office Support (Short term, temporary pool positions to meet project requirements)
- Salary Range: FJ$10,000 per annum, pro-rata basis
- Duty Station: Central/Eastern/Western/Northern Division, shift and weekend work will be required, on a roster basis
- Reporting Responsibilities:
- Reports to: Manager Election Materials, Asset Management & Logistics
- Liaises with: FEO Visitors, FEO staffs, Stakeholders
- Subordinates: Nil
The positions provides security and watchman services to the HQ of the FEO.
The positions will achieve its purpose through the following key duties. Working with relevant staff in accordance with legislative requirements and to meet the operational needs of the FEO:
- Provide security/watchman services on a roster basis for the FEO Headquarters;
- Patrol the perimeter and entrance to the FEO and ensure that all is secure;
- Keep records of any disturbance and report these in accordance with FEO Operating Procedures;
- Redirect queries as required to the appropriate reception area.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- FEO buildings and materials are secured in accordance with the FEO Operating Procedures:
- Accurate maintenance of hourly records and detailed occurrence books:
- All incidents reported within FEO Operating Procedures.
Must be physically fit and in sound health
The Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role are:
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3 year’s experience as a security officer/watchman;
- Previous experience with a Police Service/Force would be considered an advantage;
Skills and Abilities
- Reliable with a client service attitude;
- Ability to relate to people from different backgrounds/cultures in a courteous manner;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and neutrality, in a sensitive environment;
- Physically fit and able to patrol the building and surrounds according to the required shift (day/night).
Personal Character and Political Neutrality
All applicants for employment in the Fijian Elections Office (FEO) must be in sound health, with a clear police record and be politically neutral. The successful applicant will be required to provide a police clearance report.
The Fijian Elections Office (FEO) operates in a politically sensitive environment. Any person who is, and is seen to be active in political affairs and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict political neutrality of the FEO and cannot be considered for employment.