The Fiji Legal Aid Commission is a statutory body established by the Legal Aid Act of 1996to provide assistance to impoverished persons. In pursuit of “providing greater access to justice for all Fijians’’ and to further strengthen its Corporate Unit, the Legal Aid Commission now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the vacancies referred to below.
V/No: SAO 02/2022 SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICER- PROCUREMENT & STOCK MANAGEMENT (Re- advertised)
The primary purpose of this position is to provide support services and assist in the
administration of the daily operations.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Assisting the Director and Business Operations Manager in the formulation, application, and implementation of stock management plans, policies & procedures and maintain a Stock Register including the drafting of standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring full compliance with relevant policies and regulations in respect of procurement, tendering, and project management work
- Facilitating the provision of administrative and logistical support as and when required
- Control and issue stock, assess usage and consumption, and monitor stock in each branch through regular stock-take and audit;
- Contribute towards the timely review of the unit’s policies & procedures, strategies, standard operating procedures, budgeting, planning and identification of best practices that are appropriate;
- Compilation and submission of regular reports on a periodic basis and updating the Director and Business Operations Manager;
- Ensuring accountability, transparency, and good governance at all times before, during, and after the procurement process including any Tenders
- Monitor stock levels, administer, and ensure efficient and effective procurement of goods, services, and office items are in a constant and adequate supply at all times
- Ensuring procurement of goods and services are in line with standard accounting practices, financial regulations, and other applicable policies and procedures
- Undertake capital project management
- assist and facilitate in the management of events, official functions, conferences, and workshops
- assist in human resource management related duties
A Diploma in Accounting, Administration, Management, Business and or related
discipline is a must. The person should have at least 5 years of work experience in a
related field of work with experience in handling procurement, stock and or managing
KNOWLEDGE. EXPERIENCE. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The applicant should possess:
- demonstrated extensive experience in procurement, tendering, administration, and capital project management work with a strong academic record
- relevant experience in a Tendering/Procurement capacity (including capital projects and event management);
- a thorough knowledge of finance policies and regulations;
- good knowledge of and experience in stock management;
- an in-depth understanding of administration work including polices, guidelines and applicable regulations
- well versed with standard and acceptable accounting practices, administration, and operational matters;
- excellent computer literacy experience;
- strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
- strong organizational and numeracy skills with the ability to gather data, compile information, analyze and prepare reports;
- ability to follow instructions, plan, develop and coordinate multiple tasks/activities;
- ability to work with others to ensure success in the performance of a team;
- flexible with regards working in a changing environment and the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes, and requirements as necessary
- excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- a professional attitude with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality;
- ability to multi-task and manage heavy workloads;
- strong communication (spoken and written), interpersonal and representation skill
- In making the Legal Aid Commission an “employer of choice”, a lucrative salary package would be offered.
PERSONAL CHARACTER AND ELIGIBILITY
All applicants for employment in the Legal Aid Commission must be of good characfer, with a background that demonstrates their commitment to the public service values. Applicants must also be Fijian Citizens, in sound health, with a clear police record. The selected applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance prior to taking up duty. The Legal Aid Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible, qualified applicants.
Job Application Details
To apply and be eligible for consideration applicants must submit the following documents:
1. A cover letter addressing the knowledge, skills, experience and abilities required for the position; no more than four (4) pages.
2. A current CV/Resume with referee contacf defails.
3. Copy of valid driver’s license and academic franscripts which must include Grade Point Average (GPA).
The Legal Aid Commission has a competitive open-merit based recruitment & selection process. Candidates who do not submit the required documents as per the instructions will be excluded from the recruitment and selection process for non-compliance.
Applications must be submitted by 12.00pm on Friday 24th June, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application by email to [email protected]
(Vacancy Title & Reference Number)
Chairperson Legal Aid Commission 41 Loftus Street Private Mail Bag Government Buildings Suva
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Fiji