Senior ICT Engineer
- Datec Fiji
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Datec (Fiji) Pte Limited is a subsidiary of Vodafone Fiji (Pte) Limited and specialises in the supply & integration of ICT products and services throughout Fiji and the South Pacific region. We are looking for suitably qualified and/or experienced personnel for the following job roles based at our Head Office in Suva. This role will be responsible for solution sales and customer account management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide Level 1 & 2 Technical ICT Support to clients.
- Deploy ICT Infrastructure Environments that include Hardware Assembly and Build, IP Networking, Virtualization, Provisioning of Configuration. as per the Clients requirements.
- Implement Networks that includes switching, routing & firewall configuration will be an advantage.
- Troubleshoot, Diagnose & Provide Remedy for ICT Server Infrastructure Faults.
- Undertake necessary Technical training to be abreast with the new ICT Technology trends and solutions.
- Design, Deploy & Support Information Backup & DR Solutions that are best suited for the Client Infrastructure. :
- Well versed in configuring Microsoft Software Products such as Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP & Exchange :
- Knowledge in Microsoft Windows Operating Systems,
- Knowledge in Backup & DR Software Solutions such as Veeam, Arcserve or similar.
- Knowledge in IT Network & Internet Security Solutions from vendors such as Fortinet, Cisco, Checkpoint or similar.
- Knowledge in Antivirus Software Solutions from vendors such as Kaspersky, Trendmicro, ESET or similar.
- Will be required to do Documentation for ICT Projects undertaken that include Design Specification, Project Plans As-Built Documentation, Network & Infrastructure Topology, User Acceptance Test, Project Signoffs etc.
To be considered for this position, you will need to:
- Hold a Tertiary Qualification in Computing Science, Information Systems or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in ICT infrastructure deployment, integration, system migration, project management and support.
- Professional IT Certification – CCNA, MCSA, MCSE. IBM
- Products, Dell Products, HP Products, Lenovo Products or similar would be an added advantage.
- Be a team player with ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools for report writing, analysis, project management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. :
- Be technically astute with a sound understanding of ICT technologies.
- Have strong interpersonal skills, time management, communications & presentation skills.
- A clean & valid group 2 driving license is mandatory.
- Job Application Details Note - In your current Resume, you must include a detailed listing & description of all IT Infrastructure related projects that were undertaken by you if there is any. Email your current resume, copy of transcripts/qualifications, names of three current referees with a typed Application letter to [email protected] with mention of the position you applying for, in the subject.