The position will achieve its purpose through the following:
1. Execute full software development life cycle processes using agile and other project management methodologies.
2. Design, code and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software and systems.
3. Work with Business Analysts to identify areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
4. Undertake integration of current applications to other systems as and when required.
5. Ensure all applications and modifications are developed within the agreed timelines, maintaining high quality with operational practicality.
6. Writing technical and user documentation including thorough testing of systems to ensure functional conformity.
7. Work alongside other Software Engineers and Business Analysts on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
1. Applications developed within agreed timeline and budget.
2. Ensure systems uptime and service levels are maintained.
3. Change and Service Requests are executed in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems or a related field.
2. At least 3 years practical working experience in the field of software engineering and application development.
3. Experience in developing enterprise web application and web services.
4. Experience in mobile application development is advantageous.
5. Knowledge of Business Process Re-engineering and Database Management will be an added advantage.
6. Experience in working with single sign-on and electronic payment systems.
7. Understanding on how to maintain effective working relationships
Skills and Abilities
2. Familiar with the following tools; Visual Studio, MS SQL Server, Camunda Modeler, Microsoft TFS, Android Studio, Eclipse.
3. Following skillsets would be advantageous; Telerik Control Suite, Kendo UI, Xcode, Xamarin, TFS, VSTS, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services, Microsoft Azure and Power BI.
4. Demonstrated ability to analyse problems and implement innovative solutions using ICT.
5. Ability to interpret user specifications, document user needs and deliver appropriate software to meet user needs.
6. Service oriented approach with a commitment to supporting the operational and corporate environment of the organisation.
7. Team player with effective time management skills.
Applicants for employment in the Ministry of Communications must be Fijian Citizens, below the age of 55, be of sound health, with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance as a condition of employment.
The Ministry of Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible and qualified applicants. Applicants highly assessed as having specific knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for the job will be considered.
Please refer to the attached role description for details of the interested position.
• Eligibility criteria for all applicants
• Information on what to submit as your application
• Information on how to submit your application, and how receipt of your application will be confirmed
• Key Dates for the application and selection process
• An application form for completion by all applicants
• A Declaration and Authorisation form for completion by all applicants
• Role Description
Fijian Civil Servants are required to uphold the Civil Service Values and Code of Conduct. These values set out the behaviour expected of all Fijian Civil Servants in the work that they do.
All applicants for employment in the Ministry of Communications must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a Fijian Citizen.
• Under the age 55
• Must have a clear police record (any offer of employment will be subject to confirmation of a clear police record, payment for the police clearance is the responsibility of the applicant, this cost is not reimbursable);
• Be in good health and able to undertake the requirements of the position (an offer of employment may be subject to a medical clearance).
- Job Application Details How to apply and what to submit with your application? We strongly recommend that you refer to the role description at the end of this Application Package. This document sets out the level of duties, the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. Your CV should illustrate your past experience that relates to the position you are applying for. To ensure that your application is given due consideration, we request that you submit the following to [email protected] • Your completed application form; (below) • Your Declaration and Authorisation form; (below) • A full curriculum vitae, highlighting your past experience that is relevant to the role/s you are applying for. Please keep your CV to no more than 3 pages in length. We do not require written referee reports, or qualifications to be submitted with your application at this stage. These will be verified as required later in the process. Alternatively, you can hand deliver your completed application at Ground Floor, New Wing, Government Buildings, Suva.