Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a Government-owned enterprise with international operations. We implement commissions for the German federal government and other national and international, public and private sector clients. GIZ operates in more than 1B0 countries worldwide and employs approximately 200,000 staff members worldwide.
GIZ Strengthening Coastal Biodiversity Conservation and Management through Protection and Rehabilitation Incentives for Coastal Carbon Sinks in Pacific Island Countries is looking for a highly motivated candidate for the following position and reports to the Project Director.
Finance and Administration Officer -Blue Carbon
- Efficient execution of all administrative and financial processes for assigned countries and Programmes according to the rules and regulations of the GIZ and co-funding donor.
- Service orientation of the GIZ-Office towards projects, HQ, expatriates, visitors, etc.
- Performs all accounting and administration related task in the Project;
- Supports the technical staff in the compilation of financial and supporting documents of acquittals;
- Performs Project bookkeeping using the GIZ Accounting software;
- Monitors the Project bank account and performs regular account reconciliations;
- Monitor logbook for project vehicle, ensure log sheet summary is prepared and billing of private vehicle are done on a monthly basis;
- Undertakes financial settlement and verification of expenditures from field trips, trainings, financing agreements, local subsidy contracts and consultancy contracts;
- Assists with preparation for Internal Controls and Audits as well as with post audit documentation;
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports using WINPACCS Cashbook software;
- Monitors accounting process, performs financial administration and provides support to budget preparation;
- Undertakes follow-ups to ensure monthly error sheets raised by PAU-Suva for assigned countries are responded to by staff responsible and comments on status of findings are updated;
- Undertakes inventory management for the Project;
- Provides support and training to finance field staffs of assigned countries and programmes required
- Supports the Project with procurement of goods and services as per GIZ rules;
- Performs any other task as requested by management as and when required.
Experiences & Qualification
- University degree or diploma in Accounting and Financial Management, Management and Administration
- At least 3 years of professional working experience in a similar position
- Experience with an international working environment desirable
The following skills will be desirable
- Positive attitude, zeal to learn and develop
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail and efficiency in performing service processes
- High level of integrity, credibility, authenticity and confidentiality
- Experience with international working environment desirable
- Experience with Accounting software packages
Remuneration package to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Job Application Details
To source full Terms of Reference of the role, please email: Ms. Salote Dau
All applications including achievement-oriented CV with details of 3 referees and accompanying documents should be sent by email to Ms. Salote Dau, Senior HR Officer on [email protected] or by post/ hand delivered no later than 4.00p.m Friday 19th November 2021 addressed to:
VACANCY -Finance and Administration Officer-Blue Carbon Level 3, Module 2, Plaza One, Downtown Boulevard, 33 Ellery Street, Suva
P.O.Box 14041, Suva.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Fiji