IT / Help Desk Coordinator
- Conservation International
- Suva, Fiji
- Apr 19, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Working in 30+ counties globally, Conservation Intemational (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to protecting healthy ecosysterns for the good of humanity. www.conservation.org
IT / HELP DESK COORDINATOR
This position & is responsible for providing both first and second-tier technical support to system end-users. Handle routine technical support issues in the areas of PC support including configuring new and existing PCs, MACs, and peripherals and performing basic hardware and software installations.
Review, troubleshoot, and resolve issues reported by users and work with other members of the technical support team to resolve more complex issues.
- Act as a focal point for receipt end processing of user IT supports requests.
- Provide support in the event of PC software/hardware problems.
- Provide formal installation instructions in software applications including Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, end other applications as required.
- Provide equipment interface support including PDA’s, JetDirect cards, printers, network cards, etc.
- Maintain and monitor Software and Hardware including maintaining the Connectivity and LAM for each office to comply with CI standards and policy.
- Maintain and monitor system and connection of the existing office that has 0 Globa Network to ensure smooth operation of its program/system (Finance & HR Oracle, Server and firewall, Manning Database}.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the country program office including setting up the infrastructure of a new office, identifying the suitable external provider and reviewing their performance on a regular basis and making a recommendation of such changes.
- Support the work of GIS and Remote Sensing and carry out spatial analysis tasks upon request.
- Maintain and manage all 655 and Remote Sensing data at the Cl server,
- Coordinate the purchasing of IT equipment for all offices including managing the IT assets and conducting periodic inventory stock take according to Cl policy and procedures.
- Ensure user requests, follow-up actions, and final resolution are documented in a tracking or ticket system. Assist management in reviewing trends in support requests and help build end-user capacity and stills by providing tools, training, and other resources 35 appropriate.
- Work with other IT staff to support system upgrades and deployments to new and existing computers and ensure compliance with overall Information Technology standards and protocols.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Applicants are asked to request a full lob Description, so they can more fully respond to the job requirement. Please contact
Key Job Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in IT and or related field.
- 3-4 years of experience in providing technical support. Proficient in diagnosing, supporting, and resolution of desktop hardware, software, and operating systems issues.
- Experience in using a user request Scheting or tracking system,
- Excellent customer support skills,
- Strong technical skills, analytical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Proven team player. Able to work and communicate effectively with peers end staff from a variety of backgrounds end cultures.
JOB OPEN TO:
- Job Application Details How to apply Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and Cover Letter no later than 22 April 2022. Please specify the position name you are applying for (Blue Carbon Field Officer) in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.